Are the files A4 or letter format?
Crawler Beyond the Stone
A downloadable game
Stonespire Marsh, named for the eponymous boulder at its center, is home to reclusive, sun-basking lizards. One day, amidst the muck and mud, they uncovered an entrance to the Stonespire itself, and their demeanor changed.
They opened their island, speaking to visitors about a "Second Sun.” They promise sanctuary and shelter the lost and needy, "The Second Sun brings warmth and prosperity to all it shines upon."
However, pilgrims that enter the Stonespire never leave. Their souls are fed to the Star-Eater to empower a ritual to create the Second Sun.
Will the lizard cult succeed in using these stolen souls to create a Second Sun? Or will brave mice stop them, and return the stolen souls to their owners?
Crawler Beyond the Stone is a hex and one-page adventure for the Mausritter RPG. It is presented as a one-page adventure that folds up into a mini-zine "Pocket Mod" detailing the hex that contains it.
Inside you'll find:
- The Stonespire Marsh hex, a swamp with a boulder (the Stonespire) in the center of a pond
- A new faction of lizards that live on a small island around this boulder
- A one-page adventure detailing the lizard village and the inside of the Stonespire
- Two new spells, six ancient artifacts from the Stonespire, and more treasures to uncover
There are two primary ways to use this:
- Run the one-page adventure as a one-shot, with the mice infiltrating the Stonespire at the height of the Second Sun's ritual
- Add the included hex-tile to your hex crawl. Use the provided rumors, hex encounters, and "Plugs and Sockets" to help integrate it into its surroundings. Use the one-page adventure as reference, modified as needed for when the players visit
When assembling the mini-zine, be sure to print crawler-beyond-the-stone-print.pdf double-sided, and assemble by following Print Instructions!
Art made in Procreate using brushes from:
Written for the Random Adventure Jam
- "Crawler Beyond the Stone" generated by Chris Bissette's Random Adventure Title Generator
- "Star-Eater of the Fecund Marsh" generated by Nate Treme's Whos the Boss generator
Risograph print edition available from these retailers:
- Exalted Funeral: https://www.exaltedfuneral.com/products/crawler-beyond-the-stone-pdf
- Indie Press Revolution: https://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/Crawler-Beyond-the-Stone-Print-PDF.html
Printed by Risolve
Crawler Beyond the Stone is an independent production by Brian Stauffer and is not affiliated with Losing Games. It is published under the Mausritter Third Party Licence.
Mausritter is copyright Losing Games.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
If you're in need and can't afford a copy of this for any reason, help yourself to a community copy, no questions asked.
Additional community copies will be added monthly:
- 1 for every purchase
- An additional 1 if the purchase is $5 or more
- 1 for every review on itch
- 5 for every session report or external review (Please comment below or tweet @brstf so I notice them!)
- Now Available in Print!Sep 29, 2023
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This looks so great!
A fantastic little module ready made to drop into any Mausritter (or other game with a bit of tweaking) hex crawl. Has a nice set of "sockets" and "plugs" to help you integrate it into the world with almost no effort. Highly recommended for anyone currently running, or interested in running, a Mausritter campaign.