Sanctum of the Ori Magi is a short, origami-themed adventure for the Mausritter RPG. Players will explore the lair of a paper lich, discover paper treasures, and meet the lich's magical folded paper creations.
The party stumbles upon an origami crane with a simple plea written inside "Follow me! The Ori Magi need your help!"
The strange creature frantically flies off, leading them with urgency to a paper gateway in the wilderness. Through it, they find the Magi long gone; the sanctum is now home to Capriphel the paper lich and his machinations.
Can they find a way to escape, taking the lich's riches in the process? Can they unfold the secret to the lich's power and stop him for good? Or will they become part of his next ritual?
The adventure contains:
- A dungeon crawl through a paper lich's lair, full of strange creatures made of folded paper, a narrative to unwind, and puzzles to solve, all while the lich's ritual ticks towards completion
- A 7-entry bestiary full of origami creatures, featuring the paper-lich Capriphel
- 10 new treasures and magical artifacts to find, including:
- A powerful enchanted sheet of paper that can fold into 6 different items. It's printed on a tritetraflexagon so players can fold the item to its different forms
- A book of origami patterns and rules for players to make their own origami pets
- A spell that lets the caster fold any material like paper
- A few hooks for placing the adventure into your existing world
Features two editions:
- A 'layout' version with just the contents on each page, easy to read on your computer
- A 'print' version that can be printed (double-sided) and assembled into an "infinite-card" that switches between pages by folding through the card.
Note: For ease of assembly, print the adventure and item sheet double-sided if possible. If not, print single sided, cut out, then glue/tape together to make the pages double-sided.
If you'd like to make you're own infinity card or tritetraflexagon, check out the templates here:
Item cards are available in German thanks to Manfred Geiler (mannolitto
Sanctum of the Ori Magi is an independent production by Brian Stauffer and is not affiliated with Losing Games. It is published under the Mausritter Third Party Licence.
Mausritter is copyright Losing Games.